Normandy Park Garage Door Service
Looking for a Normandy Park garage door service that is reliable and dependable? Give us a call @ (877) 738-6100. Get certified Normandy Park garage door technicians on a same day service basis.
The advanced expertise of our service men and women is something you can depend on. There is nothing like a local garage door technician in Normandy Park, who can be there when you need him/her.
Normandy Park Info Bytes
On June 8th, 1953, Normandy Park was officially incorporated. This community is bordered on the south by the community of Des Moines, on the north by the community of Burien, and is located in King County, WA.
Normandy Park was primarily a summer camp during the early territorial days. Much the same as the Duwamish and Puyallup Indians had done, people sat tents up on the beach and lived off of the land. The majority of the homesteaders were bought out by some ambitious developers by the 1880's. However, there wasnít much development going on. During Prohibition in the 1920's, the local population still was sufficiently sparse that bootleggers would go to the beach at Normandy Park and use a rutted dirt road, which is currently known as Eighth Avenue South, to haul their illegal booze.
In order to develop 1,200 acres of property of Puget Sound between Tacoma and Seattle, the middle 1920ís brought the organization of the Seattle-Tacoma Land Company. The development was a planned residential community with numerous restrictions and strict building codes to be known as Normandy Park. There was golf course, two community beaches, and a yacht club planned and the community was to have very distinctive French Normandy style architecture.
The entire region had been platted by 1929. A water system was installed that was fed by deep wells in the region and good gravel roads were constructed. On what is currently known as Lot A, an elegant clubhouse was constructed and in order to promote Normandy Park, promotional efforts including band concerts and free refreshments were provided. A man named C. Hughett began by constructing a distinctive brick home on Lot 1, Block 20. According to the plan by the developers, this was considered to be the first home that was constructed. The address of the home was 17999 Normandy Terrace SW. Soon thereafter, two Prudence Penny Budget homes were constructed as well as some houses that had the French Normandy style.
The development activities in Normandy Park were curtailed during the Great Depression. The Project was abandoned by the Seattle-Tacoma Land Company. In 1934, much of the land was passed into private hands and the clubhouse was sold to a man named Ben Tipp who died before he could do anything with it.
There were many fine homes constructed within a few years of the area being rediscovered during the late 1940ís and early 1950ís. It wasnít long before the community was thriving. In fact, in order to have control over their own destiny, the citizens of the community decided to incorporate Normandy as a city. Therefore, the year 1953 brought the incorporation of Normandy Park as a city. The organization of a city government was next, which consisted of seven Council members, who are elected and one of whom is chosen by the council themselves as Mayor and serves as chair of the Council. By their own choice, they serve unsalaried. In the Revised Code of Washington, the City is classified as a non-charter code city that has form of government known as council-manager.
Call Us (877) 738-6100